Graduate Student Orientation
New Graduate Student Orientations are being conducted by College of Engineering and Computing Departments. Most orientations are held the week before classes start. Please contact your academic department for details on orientation for your program. General presentation recordings for graduate student resources are available.
Watch them below:
Welcome from the Dean
Graduate Student Academic Affairs: Policies and Procedures
Career Services (link coming soon)
Graduate Student Life
For additional questions, please contact the Office of Graduate Studies or your academic department.
Newly admitted students at the College of Engineering and Computing are those who have received an official offer of admission from the Office of Graduate Admissions for either graduate or non-degree studies.
New Graduate Student Checklist
- Review your program guidelines using the University catalog
- Review the Newly Admitted Students page for details on how to:
Confirm your intent to enroll
Submit your official, final transcripts
Resolve any admissions holds
Register for courses
Submit immunization records
- Tuition and Fees: Please check studentaccounts.gmu.edu for critical information regarding tuition, as well as new student and late registration fees for graduate students.
- Financial Support: If you have applied for any type of financial support, decisions are made by individual departments. If you are selected for such support, you will receive a separate communication from the department with specific details. Other questions regarding financial aid can be addressed by contacting the Office of Student Financial Aid: financialaid.gmu.edu or 703-993-2353.
- Obtain your Mason ID Card: Go to masonid.gmu.edu for more information. The card is used for: library, debit (if you sign up for a meal plan or Mason Money), free rides on the CUE bus, free tickets at Center for the Arts, admission to the Aquatic Center/Field House/R.A.C., and more.
- Obtain a Parking Decal: parking.gmu.edu