New Graduate Students

Graduate Student Orientation

New Graduate Student Orientations are being conducted by College of Engineering and Computing Departments. Most orientations are held the week before classes start. Please contact your academic department for details on orientation for your program. General presentation recordings for graduate student resources are available. Watch them below:

Graduate Academic Affairs: Student Policies and Procedures

Computing Resources 

Library Services for School of Computing programs

Library Services for Volgenau School of Engineering programs

University Career Services - visit webpage

Graduate Student Life

For additional questions, please contact the Office of Graduate Studies or your academic department.

SEOR Graduate students develop system to impact of research on reputation and brand.

Graduate students from Mason Engineering's Department of Systems Engineering and Operations Research develop a system to assess the effect of research on brand and reputation of academic institutions. The department offers master's and doctoral programs as well as an accelerated master's. 

New Students

Newly admitted students at the College of Engineering and Computing are those who have received an official offer of admission from the Office of Graduate Admissions for either graduate or non-degree studies.

New Graduate Student Checklist

  1. Review your program guidelines using the University catalog
  2. Review the Newly Admitted Students page for details on how to:
  • Confirm your intent to enroll

  • Submit your official, final transcripts

  • Resolve any admissions holds

  • Register for courses

  • Submit immunization records

  1. Tuition and Fees: Please check for critical information regarding tuition, as well as new student and late registration fees for graduate students.
  2. Financial Support: If you have applied for any type of financial support, decisions are made by individual departments. If you are selected for such support, you will receive a separate communication from the department with specific details. Other questions regarding financial aid can be addressed by contacting the Office of Student Financial Aid: or 703-993-2353.
  3. Obtain your Mason ID Card: Go to for more information. The card is used for: library, debit (if you sign up for a meal plan or Mason Money), free rides on the CUE bus, free tickets at Center for the Arts, admission to the Aquatic Center/Field House/R.A.C., and more.
  4. Obtain a Parking Decal:

Graduate Studies Resources

George Mason University supports graduate students. University resources are available to graduate students (new and current). Learn more about the support available to you and other tools by visiting the websites below.

University Libraries

Computing Resources

University Career Services

Graduate Student Life