Undergraduate Student Forms
The most commonly used forms:
- Change/Declaration of an academic program
- Credit Overload Request (see section below for details)
- Study Elsewhere (Request to take the course(s) at another institution)
- FERPA consent to release student information
- Leave of absence (Form for all undergraduates who are planning a voluntary absence from Mason)
- Re-enrollment application (Form used to re-enroll after leaving without submitting a leave of absence form)
- Selective withdrawal
- Student success plan (Form used to document a plan for completing a repeated course successfully)
- Graduation applications
- Substitute a Mason course for a required course
College of Engineering and Computing (CEC) students requesting an overload of the maximum allowed credits per semester must follow the instructions below:
- A typed detailed explanation must be attached.
- Submit Credit Overload form to Academic Advisor. Advisor will submit the request to CEC Undergraduate Student Services. Students will be notified of a decision from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For requests of 19 credits, a student must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- For requests of 20-22 credits, a student must have at least a 3.10 cumulative GPA.
- Requests for an overload to repeat courses will not be approved.
- Requests for an overload for students restricted to 13 credits will not be approved.
- Previous academic performance and credit load will be factored into the decision.
Degree verification - order an official transcript from the Registrar's office; when received, attach the unopened envelope to the paperwork you mail to DPOR
Reference Form - if a reference is required, contact department faculty that you have known for at least 1 year to request they complete the reference form
CEC students who will be subject to termination from their major after the upcoming/current semester and are requesting to extend the termination review to a future semester complete the form linked below with guidance from Academic Department/Major Advisor.
CEC students that attempted to use a Selective Withdrawal by the deadline, but had a hold restricting them from making schedule adjustments must provide verifiable documentation that they attempted the withdrawal by the deadline. Send an email to email@example.com to request the form. Requests should be made in a timely fashion, no later than one week after the Selective Withdrawal deadline. Be aware that any approved requests won’t be processed until the registration hold is removed.
CEC students looking to re-enroll, but have less than a 2.0 GPA must follow the steps below.
- Complete a Re-enrollment GPA of less than 2.0 Student Success Plan
- Academic Advisor Approval for Re-enrollment GPA less than 2.0 (non-suspension version)
- Meet with Academic Department/Advisor to discuss a success plan.
- Advisor submits completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student completes Re-enrollment form
The third attempt at a College of Engineering and Computing (CEC) course requires support from the student's major department as well as permission from the department offering the course. This permission is not guaranteed. Follow instructions to request a third attempt.
Complete the Student Success Plan form with guidance from the academic advisor.
Contact the specific CEC department (CS, ECE, IST, etc.), which offers the course, to be informed of their process to receive the Student Success Plan.
If the requested course led to a Termination from CEC, the student must first appeal the Termination. (See Termination Appeal instructions)
If the course did not lead to a Termination, follow the steps below.
- Complete the Student Success Plan form with guidance from Academic Advisor.
- Submit the Student Success Plan to a course unit (e.g. English Department) for approval.
- If approved, the form goes to the student’s Academic Advisor.
- The Advisor sends the department approved ‘Success Plan’ form to CEC Student Services for Dean’s approval.
- If approved, CEC Student Services sends an ‘Exception to AP.1.3.4’ form to the university registrar for students to be given override to register for the course for a 4th and final time.
CEC students, who are eligible to return from academic suspension after having served the required suspension time, must complete the following to request their registration hold be removed.
- Complete Return from Suspension Packet documents.
- Return from Suspension Student Success Plan
- Academic Advisor Approval form
- Meet with their Academic Department/Advisor to discuss the success plan
- Advisor submits completed Return from Suspension Packet to email@example.com
CEC students requesting to override their academic suspension due to non-academic, extraordinary circumstances, that are verifiable with documentation, follow the instructions in the link below. Note: Non-academic suspensions are not eligible for an override. (e.g. those issued by the office of student conduct or office of academic integrity)
CEC students requesting to appeal their termination from CEC follow the instructions on the link below.
College of Engineering and Computing (CEC) students requesting a withdrawal from a course or all courses in a given semester due to a non-academic, extraordinary circumstance that is verifiable with documentation, follow the instructions on the Withdrawal packet link.